7-Nights The Great Alaskan Grizzly Photo Adventure
Nature puts on few displays as arresting as Alaskan brown bears feeding on summer’s bounty. These bears—the world's largest coastal grizzlies—feast on clams, mussels, sedges and spawning salmon as the fish swim up the streams that pour onto these wild beaches. Our private chartered ship, the Natural Habitat Ursus, offers an exclusive opportunity to follow and photograph bears as they fish, forage and lope along the shore. We get even closer as we go ashore with our experienced guide, photographing the bears on foot from a careful distance in the watchful company of our Expedition Leader, who is one of Alaska's top bear experts. We may view lone males, mothers with playful cubs, or even a wolf interacting with bears along the river. Here in Katmai National Park, experience this rarest of encounters with Ursus arctos in all its untamed majesty!
7 nights from $8995 per person
Supplier: Natural Habitat Adventures
Kodiak, home to Alaska's largest fishing fleet, offers a taste of Alaska's Russian heritage. Visit Russian Orthodox Church, and the Baranof Museum (located in Alaska's oldest wooden structure, a historic fur storehouse). Over 200 species of birds have been recorded in the Kodiak Archipelago, and bird watching is a main attraction. Special wildlife viewing is found at Miller Point within Ft. Abercrombie State Historic Park. During the early summer, gray, humpback, and minke whales can be spotted as they migrate through nearby Whale Passage. Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge was established to protect the habitat of the brown bear. Kodiak is home to extensive fishing, hunting and photographic opportunities.
Katmai National Park
Encompassing millions of acres in Alaska, Katmai Nation Park contains an amazing array of pristine wilderness, sparkling rivers and streams, rugged coastline, green valley and active glaciers and volcanoes. Currently, there are fourteen active volcanoes in the park, but none of which are actually erupting.
A rich variety of wildlife can be found in the park as well including the awe-inspiring brown bear.
Valid Travel Dates
- All meals from dinner on Day 1 through breakfast on the final day, beer and wine on board the Ursus
- Services of NHA professional Photography Expedition Leaders, boat crew and local staff
- Airport transfers on Day 1 and final day
- All taxes, permits and service fees
- All activities and entrance fees
- Most gratuities
- Get Incredible Close-Ups - Photograph giant Alaskan brown bears - the world's largest coastal grizzlies - at very close range, in a truly wild and remote setting that's inaccessible by road or air
- Exclusive Marine-Based Access - Coastal cruising aboard our private expedition ship allows unparalleled proximity for photographing wildlife and the magnificent natural landscapes of Katmai
- Shoot with an Expert Photo Guide - View bears foraging on the beach as we walk on shore with our Expedition Leader, who offers tips for getting unbelievable photos from just feet away!
Not Included: Travel to and from the start and end point of your trip, some alcoholic beverages, some gratuities, passport and visa fees (if any), optional activities, items of a personal nature (phone calls, laundry and internet, etc.), airline baggage fees, airport and departure taxes (if any), required medical evacuation insurance, optional travel protection insurance.
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
Just Cruises & Vacations
43277 Garfield Rd.
Clinton Township, MI 48038
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.